UI/UX Design Intern
Are you looking for opportunity to lead the creation amazing products for groundbreaking start-ups and a range of exciting action-focused clients? Have you always wanted to stretch your skills and creative thinking to their limits, generating clients. How would you like to do it all in an office across from the beach?
We are looking for a highly creative and self motivated UI/UX Design Intern to support our team with generating client ready software, web, and mobile interfaces/sites.
As UI/UX Design Intern at Treeline you will be working with fellow team members on a variety of projects. You will participate in brainstorming sessions, tackle real UX/UI challenges and have your work in Products on the market.
For this paid internship we are looking for a junior, senior or graduate student who is looking to work 15-20 hours a week for the summer with the potential to stay on at (10-15 hours per week) the whole school year 2018-2019.
We are not an ad agency, so while appreciating marketing campaigns that is not the type of work we do. Treeline has been helping everyone from startups to enterprise companies develop game-changing products for more than 10 years now. And we not only design products, we build them too, creating cutting-edge software and hardware solutions. Our team of award-winning developers, engineers, and strategists build mobile apps and wearables; solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT), including hardware; and complex web applications. Companies come to Treeline for creative breakthroughs and technical leaps forward. Whether you want to supplement your team’s expertise on new ventures or scope a project from start to finish, Treeline is there to help.
We work with industry-leading companies in fields like transportation, medical devices, beauty, action sports, logistics, and entertainment. We thrive on being the agile team that helps corporations radically reinvent themselves. And we regularly serve as the supportive structure that helps startups iterate and get to market.
Unique solutions require unique individuals, and we have attracted the best. Our team is willing to do almost anything to make an impact. We’re serious. Our comprehensive testing has required them to jump out of planes, surf, snowboard, survey from a helicopter, and manage data from the Arctic. All in a day’s work!
Applicants should provide a portfolio reflecting their experience. Candidates who do not provide a portfolio when applying will not be considered for the position. So please send a link to your portfolio!!!
- Significant UI/UX design experience or pursuing a degree in UI Design, Visual Design, Product Design and Development or a similar degree
- Skilled in graphic design for web and mobile
- Fluency in Photoshop, Illustrator, Omnigraffle, Sketch, Keynote and other design tools
- Ability to produce detailed user flows, sitemaps, and wireframes. Prototyping a plus
- Support other designs/designers
- Takes part in meeting for brainstorms and design discovery for projects
- Willing to take and accept feedback
ADDITIONAL SKILLS THAT ARE A PLUS:
- Familiarity with project management software
- Ability to storyboard
- Drive design esthetic for designs (with direction from Product Teams and Creative Board)
- Create designs from scratch or making updates to existing designs that can be used for client deliverables
- Understanding the resolution and sizing that is needed for projects for all devices/mediums
- Gain Experience with a wide range of innovative projects and technologies
- Work at the beach with great people
- Healthy snacks & Wellness Activities
- Play with the latest geek toys