Market Research Analyst Intern
Are you looking for opportunity to develop your research, writing and analytics efforts? Have you always wanted to stretch your consulting, entrepreneurial skills and creative thinking to their limits? Do you want to apply your understanding of new technologies, market sizing and finance to leading Fortune 500 companies and cutting edge start-ups? How would you like to do it all in an office across from the beach in San Diego?
We are looking for an on-site Market Research Intern help us analyze client needs, new innovations and the impact of their growth, as well as producing custom reports and research products as part of our efforts for technology leaders. This is a hands-on role if there ever was one. This Rock Star will work with the team leaders to bring research and strategy efforts to life in unexpected, results-driven ways.
For this paid internship we are looking for a junior, senior or graduate student (business students with a technical background will likely excel at this position) who is looking to work 10-15 hours a week for the whole school year. The opportunity to stay on through next summer or even join the firm is very much on the table. You must be located in Southern California currently --ideally in the San Diego metropolitian area,
Treeline has been helping everyone from startups to large enterprise companies develop game-changing products for more than 10 years. We help clients drive growth through technology innovation. With quality data derived from primary research, fact-based analysis, and opinions that challenge traditional thinking, Treeline clients are empowered to make better, informed decisions today to ensure future success. We also provide customers with insights and analysis as to market trends, the impact of new technologies, and the competitive landscape. Companies come to Treeline for creative breakthroughs and technical leaps forward. And we not only research products, we design and build them too, creating cutting-edge software and hardware solutions. Our team of award-winning developers, engineers, and strategists build mobile apps and wearables; solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT), including hardware; and complex web applications.
We work with industry-leading companies in fields like transportation, medical devices, action sports, logistics, agriculture, infrastructure and manufacturing. We thrive on being the agile team that helps corporations radically reinvent themselves. And we regularly serve as the supportive structure that helps startups iterate and get to market.
Unique solutions require unique individuals, and we have attracted the best. Our team is willing to do almost anything to make an impact. We’re serious. Our comprehensive testing has required them to jump out of planes, surf, snowboard, survey from a helicopter, and manage data from the Arctic. All in a day’s work!
- Able to conduct primary interviews with senior-level executives at large corporations, technology start-ups, and other organizations.
- Capable of undertaking secondary research drawing on diverse sources, including business and trade press, academic publications, patent filings, and conference presentations.
- Produce written research reports, including creative visual depictions of data and ideas.
- Comfortable networking and talking with leaders at corporations, investment firms, university research centers and start-ups
- Knowledge of spreadsheets (excel, Google Sheets, etc), presentation applications (Google Slides, PowerPoint, Keynote, etc)
- Deep intellectual curiosity about emerging technologies, especially in IoT, sensors and/or connected devices; including MEMS, wearable and mobile devices, analytics, platforms, hardware, and components.
- Understanding of management consulting, finance and economic development structures and trends
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to meet client needs in a fast-moving, rapidly growing, start-up environment.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic, collegial, and collaborative approach to work.
- High degree of organization and attention to detail; ability to juggle multiple tasks.
- Ability to write clearly and incisively about business and technical topics.
- Superior listening and critical thinking skills, and ability to speak articulately and think on your feet; a good sense of humor is a major plus.
- Strong analytical skill, both qualitative and quantitative.
- A strong record of academic achievement
- Knowledge of design thinking is a plus
- Competitive wage
- Gain Experience with a wide range of innovative projects and technologies
- Work at the beach with great people
- Healthy snacks
- Play with the latest geek toys