Linux Systems Level C Developer
Are you looking for opportunity to stretch your skills and creative thinking to their limits, creating an amazing new environment for the rapidly expanding IoT world?
We are looking for a Linux Systems Level C Developer to be part of an amazing new project —Avimesa. Avimesa is an amazing new spinout of Treeline Interactive and will be transformative to the future of the Internet of Things.
Your work will be to develop a special purpose IoT Edge Computing Device Cloud Server that runs in an Avimesa designed containerized environment. Various circuit boards designed by Avimesa communicate with the Device Cloud Server as their primary I/O system for communicating with end-user applications. The Linux Server Developer will be responsible for large portions of the Device Cloud Server code. This person must be creative, confident, and able to clearly communicate and defend their work internally and externally, meet deadlines, and make magic happen.
Treeline Interactive has been helping everyone from startups to enterprise companies develop game-changing products for more than 10 years now. And we not only design products, we build them too, creating cutting-edge software and hardware solutions. Our team of award-winning developers, engineers, and strategists build mobile apps and wearables; solutions for the Internet of Things (IoT), including hardware; and complex web applications. Companies come to Treeline for creative breakthroughs and technical leaps forward. Whether you want to supplement your team’s expertise on new ventures or scope a project from start to finish, Treeline is there to help.
We work with industry-leading companies in fields like transportation, medical devices, beauty, action sports, logistics, and entertainment. We thrive on being the agile team that helps corporations radically reinvent themselves. And we regularly serve as the supportive structure that helps startups iterate and get to market.
Unique solutions require unique individuals, and we have attracted the best. Our team is willing to do almost anything to make an impact. We’re serious. Our comprehensive testing has required them to jump out of planes, surf, snowboard, survey from a helicopter, and manage data from the Arctic. All in a day’s work!
To qualify for this position, you must have the following qualifications and / or be willing to dive deep in the below listed items:
- A deep love for making things with a very strong sense of classic computer science engineering principles.
- A fundamental knowledge of core EE principles is desirable but not required.
- Primary language used is C99 and its implementations in both GNU C and LLVM (CLANG) C.
- Familiarity with Unix / Linux system and library calls such fork(), dup(), chroot(), signal(), getpwent(), setuid(), etc.
- Familiarity with networking using listen(), accept(), bind(), getaddrinfo(), setsockopt(), read(), write(), etc.
- Knowledgeable with command line and graphical debugging tools.
- Design concepts such as dependency injection, abstraction, unit testing, redirection (i.e. stdin, stdout, stderr).
- Primarily using C with server side code, but there is also frequent opportunities to generate and test code which is portable between the (currently Nordic based) firmware and the server code.
- The professional grade Avimesa daemon is connected with both a TCP(UDP)/IP network and Inter-Process-Communication. This daemon is in a very early stage and you will have the opportunity to help make it a secure and commercialized product.
- All code is fully re-entrant using only malloc() and free() and local variables.
- The design contains classic data structures such as linked lists, binary trees, memory mapping, etc.
- You must have excellent knowledge of bitwise math including masks, shifting, AND, OR, XOR, two’s complements, Endianess, etc.
- You will also have an opportunity to work with higher level protocols such as HTTP, RESTful JSON and MQTT.
- Advanced degree not required, but if you do not have a degree please be able to prove experience
- Gain Experience with a wide range of projects and cutting-edge technologies
- Highly competitive salary
- Work at the beach with great people
- Company provided gym membership
- Healthy snacks
- Play with the latest geek toys